Tuesday, May 10, 2005

it WAS good for me

"Why don't you go instead? It'll be good for you" said my big boss. Yes boss, if you say so... hey, there's free lunch. Let it go to waste not.

And so I found myself driving to an unfamiliar place and entering a room without recognizing anyone at a glance. As I was taking my seat, my eyes met someone's across the narrow aisle and we both gasped. Since the press conference was in session, we couldn't burst out our hellos but settled for an exchange of smiles. As soon as it was over, I walked towards her and asked the question that's been on my mind since I sat my behind down. "What are you doing here??" (it was a press conference for a golf tournament, for crying out loud. Now just who would you bump into??) Coincidently, she was attending because her boss couldn't make it. She hasn't changed much since the last time I saw her (that, would be 7 years ago). We went on our own Q&A session and it's quite amazing we could just pick up from where we left off without a moment of awkwardness.

So, thanks boss. It was good for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home