Monday, May 16, 2005

gradual steamin'

My friend and I went to watch Kingdom of Heaven last Wednesday night at TGV 1 Utama. Since it's a new release and movies on Wednesdays are priced at only RM6/ticket, I went to buy the tickets the night before (even then, the available seats were first 4 rows from the screen and a few 5th row seats!!). Naturally, I bought the 5th row seats.

It's such a nice feeling when you are able to take your time and not rush to catch a movie. And that's just what my friend and I did.
8pm : easy going on the dinner.
8.45pm : made our way to the cinema.
8.55pm : as we were looking our seats, we noticed the cinema was unusually warm. I thought perhaps it's because the cinema was packed with people.
9.00pm : sat through the commercials and hey, Star Wars III trailer.
9.05pm : movie started.
9.20pm : golly, it's warm in here. What's that funny smell? Is it from the carpet or the people in front?
9.30pm : a few people started fanning themselves with pamphlets they had with them from shopping. Ok, the a/c is definitely out, how long does it take to get it fixed?!?
9.45pm : more groans, more paper-flapping sounds. Aarrgh, wish I had something to fan myself with!
10pm : Bailin's mouth moving but we couldn't hear what our hero was saying. Great, now the audio system's out?!?

*an unfamiliar voice suddenly booms out from the speakers "Attention ladies and gentlemen, the air-conditioning system is not working and if you would like to get a refund for your ticket, kindly make your way to the ticket counter. We apologise for the inconvenience."*

I looked at my friend and we decided to stay on since we were already halfway through the movie. Unfortunately, 90% of the audience had the same thought. Temperature rose gradually and I was getting a steambath.

11.25pm : movie ended and everyone strided towards the exit.
11.30pm : we went back to the ticket counter to get our refund. A couple of youngsters before us were told by the ticketing guy that refund would only be given before 11pm. But we weren't going to accept that. We politely told the ticketing guy that the condition wasn't announced and therefore, we should be given the refund...and we did :)

Free sauna session in the cinema - once is enough, thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home