Saturday, November 05, 2005

feeling good fixing 'em wires

I put my technical skills to work this afternoon. Mom accidently tripped over the phoneline and the coloured connecting wires were yanked out from the main phone wirebox. Now the phone wirebox in my home is the old version with metal plates and screws, and the copper strands (literally finer than my hair) are twisted around the screws and then tightened to the metal plates.

Armed with a pair of pliers, I started cutting and removing the protective layer for the 4 coloured wires. Then came the tricky part of removing the coloured covering to expose the fine copper strands. Made several attempts at doing this but I finally managed to remove the covering without pulling out the delicate strands. I had to be oh-so-careful twisting the strands around the screws before tightening them. I was so pleased with myself when I successfully brought the dial tone back to the phone :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home